Corn

Corn

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Getting To Know You (or Me!)

This post probably would have been more appropriate as a first one, but better late than never. I think it is fair to know a little bit about the person that is blogging. So here we are in a nutshell:

My husband is a second generation farmer in Graves County Kentucky. This is just about as far western Kentucky as you can get. He grows corn, soybeans, wheat, and dark fired tobacco. The dark fired tobacco is an interesting crop that I plan to blog about more in the future. I will say that it is primarily grown in this area due to the type of wood that is needed to fire it properly. He is a farmer through and through and works as hard or harder than any person I have ever met. He does, however, love to travel and has visited working farms in Great Britain, Scotland, and Argentina. (Occasionally we do take a non working trip to the beach!) He was born and raised in Western Kentucky and received his Master's degree from Murray State University. And that is where I enter the picture...

I am originally from Colorado. My dad is from Kansas and my mom from Wales, Great Britain. So, I guess that makes me a half first generation American! My background in Ag/Farming comes from a deep love for horses. I showed horses and rodeoed all through childhood. I attended Murray State University and received my degree in Agriculture, which is where, with a simple twist of fate, I met my husband, and entered a world of tractors, combines, planters, sprayers.....Oh My! The other side of agriculture. 

Fast forward 12 years.....

We have three beautiful boys who love tractors and everything farming. We hope at least one of them will be the next generation farmer. No pressure. They can make their own decisions. For now we are enjoying their innocent insight on the world. 

I am learning every day how to be a better wife, mother, and farmer. It is a continuous learning adventure that I am proud to be a part of, and know that I could not get through one day of without God and my deeply rooted faith. 

So, I hope this blog will continue to be a writing adventure, and I thank you for reading and going along for the ride! 

God Bless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment