Corn

Corn

Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Tobacco Diaries


Weeks 3 and 4: Rain, Rain, and more Rain!  

I got a little behind and so have to combine weeks 3 and 4. That is not an altogether bad thing considering about all I have to report on is that it has rained... A lot! 8-10 inches in two weeks according to the rain gauge.  And, you guessed it, tobacco does not need a lot of rain. Or as my husband puts it, tobacco does not like to have wet feet. It is nearly impossible to have an excellent row crop year and tobacco year at the same time. One will either have too much water or not enough. That is where irrigation comes in handy. At this moment, it does not appear that the irrigation reels will be making an appearance any time soon. 
So, now we wait for things to dry up and continue to have faith that all things happen as they are supposed to.

Week 3
            
Week 4

Always the optimist, the rain did allow a few slow days. I was able to travel to Owensboro for a day to celebrate the ordination of two priests. One that will be joining my home parish. It was a beautiful celebration and, as I sat watching, these words kept running through my mind, "Not my will be done, but yours God." 
As I write this, the sun is shining and the skies are blue. A reminder of God's mercy and grace. 

God Bless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment